One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Submit material to be considered for a competition or possible publication.‘don't forget to send in your entries for our summer competition’
- ‘But she accepted that was still not enough and that the Department was still urging people to send their forms in as soon as possible.’
- ‘You should complete it and send it in as soon as possible.’
- ‘My advice to anyone planning to come would be to send their forms in as soon as possible - it looks likely that we'll be fully booked out.’
- ‘The Supporters' Trust has also appealed for fans who made pledges at the public meeting at Valley Parade last Thursday to send their money in as soon as possible.’
- ‘There are a few sponsorship cards outstanding and people are asked to send them in as quickly as possible.’
- ‘Please be sure as an angler your submission on this final proposal is sent in on time.’
- ‘Don't forget to send your votes in for the man of the match, as these votes decide who wins the Evening Press-sponsored Player of the Month award.’
- ‘You fill out a voter registration card and send it in.’
- ‘Coincidentally, this week's is probably the best so far, and it happens to be a week when I forgot to send a post in.’
- ‘So please complete the form and send it in as soon as possible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.