One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(as a direction) in a simple style of performance.
- ‘Her lovely tone and delicately sculptured phrasing in the second movement Andante semplice were magical!’
- ‘A new symphony, the Sinfonia semplice, followed within months and Nielsen conducted its first performance himself, as he had all its predecessors except the First.’
- ‘‘First Evening Stars’ is an elegant study in two-voice semplice playing and legato octaves.’
- ‘The opening Allegro maestoso is winningly done whilst the lovely Andante semplice also contains much that is beautiful and simple at the same time.’
- ‘Ruffini divides his permutazione into types, namely permutazione semplice which are cyclic groups in modern notation, and permutazione composta which are non-cyclic groups.’
Italian, literally ‘simple’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.