One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘With its European style cafes and restaurants, murmuring waterfalls, and lush semi-tropical vegetation, an evening stroll along its shores is a quintessential San Antonio experience.’
- ‘Well actually, the problems were in the same order of magnitude as is achieved quite regularly by a good semi-tropical storm, working in cahoots with the inadequate Victorian drains.’
- ‘Tropical and semi-tropical soils, partly because of their age and the number of weathering cycles to which they have been subjected, tend to be poorer, thinner and more fragile than those in temperate regions.’
- ‘A diversity of topography - arid areas to lush tropical jungles and steep mountainous regions - complements Bali's semi-tropical climate.’
- ‘This eight-acre garden near Haleakala has more than 1,500 species of tropical and semi-tropical plants from around the world, as well as 30 types of fruit trees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.