One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sixteenth note.
- ‘One recurrent motif I noted in the book of 1980 was the group of eight quavers or semiquavers beginning off the beat, a simple signature.’
- ‘Maybe there is something to be said for inhabiting a separate little musical world of adulation, ‘luvvies’ and cascading semiquavers!’
- ‘In Beethoven's music any note from the semiquaver to the minim is capable of functioning as the main beat, and such virtuosos as Liszt and Paganini simply played some of their own music as fast as possible.’
- ‘At the end the boy's open-stringed fiddling turns into arpeggios of A major and minor, and disperses in semiquaver thirds, now floating up instead of down.’
- ‘We may not all know how many semiquavers make a minim, but we know what kind of music helps us to relax after a hard day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.