One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In chapter two, which discusses the tensions between system and act in structural and poststructural linguistics, the author persuasively argues that music, as the semiologist's blind spot, reveals the truth about language.’
- ‘This is a social history rather than a semiologist's treatise or an academic's polemic.’
- ‘If we get sidetracked on to the British issue the left-liberal semiologists and their friends in the media will have a high old time of it.’
- ‘No prior knowledge of literary criticism is required: you are a semiologist, looking for the cultural values that are affirmed or reaffirmed in the text.’
- ‘But it is true that while semiologists talk about the eruption of ‘the real’, on a daily basis they tend to be preoccupied with life as dominated by the prevailing signifying practices of a culture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.