Producing or conveying semen.
- ‘The seminiferous tubules in the testes, which are the origin of the sperm cells, however, will be reduced in diameter and size.’
- ‘The passage of sperm from the seminiferous tubules of the testis to the vas deferens takes about 12 days.’
- ‘It takes three months for the seminiferous tubules of the testes to produce sperm which is then stored in the epididymis.’
- ‘Following the postmeiotic phase, spermatozoa are released into the lumen of the seminiferous tubule of the testis and transported to the epididymis for storage.’
- ‘The seminiferous tubules were gently pelleted and subjected to proteinase digestion and DNA extraction.’
Late 17th century: from Latin semen, semin- seed + -ferous.