Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Occurring or published twice a month.‘semimonthly paydays’
- ‘The Journal of Clinical Oncology is the semi-monthly peer-reviewed journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the world's leading professional society representing physicians who treat people with cancer.’
- ‘All in all, a semi-monthly trip to New York or Paris is more profitable than servicing the Savile Row clients on a weekly basis.’
- ‘Alternately, the same night, the Neon Love crew will be launching their semi-monthly Pastel night over at Mile End Bar.’
- ‘One cannot but be awed to consider how the crowded mural of Bleak House or the elaborate tapestry of Little Dorrit were held together on semi-monthly basis.’
- ‘Plan a series of monthly or semi-monthly nights for the entire church family to get together.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.