Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting aircraft or vehicle structures combining a load-bearing shell with integral frames.
- ‘The structure of the helicopter is a semi-monocoque design with an aluminium alloy frame.’
- ‘The fuselage head is of semi-monocoque construction and includes the cockpit, radar compartments and the avionics bay.’
- ‘The aircraft is a low wing monoplane with a fuselage of semi-monocoque design constructed mainly of aluminum with steel and titanium.’
- ‘More than half the UAV's components are constructed of lightweight, high-strength composite materials, including its wings, wing fairings, empennage, aluminium, semi-monocoque construction.’
- ‘The aircraft is of conventional semi-monocoque design and mainly aluminium alloy construction.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.