One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A paint that dries to a moderately glossy sheen.
- ‘He's thinking about using a semigloss ivory for the living room.’
- ‘In older houses, stick with flat paint - rather than glossy or even semigloss - as much as possible (both inside and outside) because it helps disguise the nicks and unevenness that come with age.’
- ‘The bunnies are hopping from the woodlot looking for fresh little clovers and chance sexual encounters and Mrs. Farmer Bob is thinking of repainting the breakfast nook a cheerful semigloss sunbeam yellow.’
- ‘The longest dry time will be with a semigloss or gloss latex; allow about 24 hours for these to dry.’
- ‘Painted walls near the work center should be covered with semigloss paint so they can be wiped clean.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.