One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a garment) shaped to the body but not closely fitted.‘a single-breasted semifitted jacket’
- ‘Patterns for various fitted, semi-fitted and boxy jackets styles are included, and you can choose from six button layouts, seven lapel styles and many pocket designs.’
- ‘Dresses with several rows of elastic sewn at the waistline will appear to thicken the waist and shorten the height, while semi-fitted dresses with vertical line designs and A-line skirts will give a thinner and taller appearance.’
- ‘There is a lot of shape cut into the pattern and the side slits in the longer version allow for a semi-fitted style without being snug at the hips.’
- ‘He sported the same boyish dress sense in wearing a blue t-shirt atop of a pair of semi-fitted jeans.’
- ‘The garment description on the envelope back will also clarify how the garment is designed to fit - fitted, semi-fitted or loose for example.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.