Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a garment) shaped to the body but not closely fitted.‘a single-breasted semifitted jacket’
- ‘Patterns for various fitted, semi-fitted and boxy jackets styles are included, and you can choose from six button layouts, seven lapel styles and many pocket designs.’
- ‘Dresses with several rows of elastic sewn at the waistline will appear to thicken the waist and shorten the height, while semi-fitted dresses with vertical line designs and A-line skirts will give a thinner and taller appearance.’
- ‘The garment description on the envelope back will also clarify how the garment is designed to fit - fitted, semi-fitted or loose for example.’
- ‘There is a lot of shape cut into the pattern and the side slits in the longer version allow for a semi-fitted style without being snug at the hips.’
- ‘He sported the same boyish dress sense in wearing a blue t-shirt atop of a pair of semi-fitted jeans.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.