One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A story of a building partly below ground level.
- ‘He added a foot-bridge was proposed to link the cinema to the City Council car park at Miller's Marsh while the development itself would feature over 80-spaces in a semi-basement car park.’
- ‘It involves creating a semi-basement car park, new market hall, stalls and street layout changes.’
- ‘The Atterbury Street entrance, cut into the Tate's west wall, leads to the new hall, galleries and shop inserted into the building's semi-basement.’
- ‘He lives in a semi-basement in West London, and I, of course, live in northern Aberdeenshire. We have in common a passion for recondite and inconvenient gardening.’
- ‘The projecting flanks to either side - with the council chamber and a semi-basement studio intended as a crèche - are of warm terracotta tiles and glass shaded by exterior glass-finned boxes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.