One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Partially free from outside control; not wholly depending on another's authority.‘detachments are semi-independent units that are armed differently from their regiment’
- ‘An 11 bed residential facility will provide for semi-independent living for adults with learning disabilities.’
- ‘It found many young adults living with their parents had the freedom to buy what they wanted while still managing to live a semi-independent lifestyle.’
- ‘The Rose Tree unit, which is semi-independent, is equipped with a kitchenette enabling residents to make their own snacks and refreshments.’
- ‘The school, which works with 37 young people between the ages of eight and 19, launched the appeal before Christmas to turn The Abbey Leaze building into semi-independent training accommodation.’
- ‘The President was in the Cheshire Home to officially open their chalets for semi-independent living contained within the grounds of the home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.