Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Happening or appearing once per academic semester.‘fines may be added onto semesterly expenses’
- ‘The SFSS is a non-profit organisation funded by a semesterly student activity fee.’
- ‘The program could allow students, staff and faculty to use their library cards as three-zone bus passes with payment of a semesterly fee, estimated at $60 - $80.’
- ‘What confounded many critics, politicians, and on a semesterly basis continues to trouble the (mostly white) students to whom I teach the film, is the apparent lack of narrative logic leading to Mookie's action.’
- ‘When asked how a $50,000-event would fit into a semesterly events budget of $7,000, Rozell said she expected some of the costs to be recovered.’
- ‘Discontent with the subsidised transit pass stemmed from the mandatory payment of the $23 per month fee, included in semesterly student fees.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.