One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For example, I recall once rambling on for a bit about semanticians, until a friend gently inquired whether I might be talking about semanticists.’
- ‘The goal of articulating a logical framework tailored to a representational system that is motivated by systematic evidence about meanings in natural languages is not acknowledged by all linguistic semanticists.’
- ‘A few years ago, I asked Dave if he'd ever noticed that semanticists tend to wear leather - pants, vests and even hats as well as the more conventional coats and jackets.’
- ‘I suppose that lawyers and semanticists learn how to come to clear conclusions about these things - I'm glad I'm just a simple phonetician.’
- ‘Because we, what with our anal-retentive, horn-rimmed parsing of phrases and slicing of sentences, are really semanticists when it boils down to it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.