One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A proposed development of the World Wide Web in which data in web pages is structured and tagged in such a way that it can be read directly by computers.‘the Semantic Web could usher in a golden age of information access’
- ‘For a system like the Semantic Web, ontologies and taxonomies are key.’
- ‘The technology for automated matchmaking and personal rights-management depends on matching standards being developed for the agent-mediated "semantic Web".’
- ‘The Semantic Web has generated much talk ever since Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the World Wide Web, first mentioned it a few years ago.’
- ‘As the Semantic Web gains momentum, an increased number of information resources will be just as useful to software agents as to humans.’
- ‘The semantic web began to make its presence felt in the conference, with sessions on ontologies, web agents, and web technologies.’
- ‘As the Semantic Web gains momentum, it's important for Web service developers to keep abreast of its technologies and prepare for a change in their industry.’
- ‘Semantic Web proponents are looking to XML and RDF to meet these new challenges.’
- ‘Conceived by the architects of the worldwide web, the Semantic Web provides a way of managing the explosion of information on the web.’
- ‘The Semantic Web is the most prominent of a family of initiatives that can be grouped under the rubric "matching technologies."’
- ‘XML is the foundation of two important emerging technologies: Web Services and the Semantic Web.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.