One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A proposed development of the World Wide Web in which data in web pages is structured and tagged in such a way that it can be read directly by computers.‘the Semantic Web could usher in a golden age of information access’
- ‘The semantic web began to make its presence felt in the conference, with sessions on ontologies, web agents, and web technologies.’
- ‘For a system like the Semantic Web, ontologies and taxonomies are key.’
- ‘Semantic Web proponents are looking to XML and RDF to meet these new challenges.’
- ‘XML is the foundation of two important emerging technologies: Web Services and the Semantic Web.’
- ‘The Semantic Web is the most prominent of a family of initiatives that can be grouped under the rubric "matching technologies."’
- ‘The technology for automated matchmaking and personal rights-management depends on matching standards being developed for the agent-mediated "semantic Web".’
- ‘The Semantic Web has generated much talk ever since Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the World Wide Web, first mentioned it a few years ago.’
- ‘As the Semantic Web gains momentum, it's important for Web service developers to keep abreast of its technologies and prepare for a change in their industry.’
- ‘Conceived by the architects of the worldwide web, the Semantic Web provides a way of managing the explosion of information on the web.’
- ‘As the Semantic Web gains momentum, an increased number of information resources will be just as useful to software agents as to humans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.