One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fail to recognize or state the true value of.‘don't sell yourself short—you've got what it takes’
undervalue, underrate, underestimate, disparage, deprecate, belittleView synonyms
- ‘In the same instance you shouldn't sell yourself short.’
- ‘But at every level, Clarke's proposal patronises these would-be undergraduates and sells them short.’
- ‘Like a lot of modern audiences, those people are selling themselves short.’
- ‘To say Christopher is a well-connected British gent is to sell him short.’
- ‘Don't sell yourself short, you're a beautiful woman.’
- ‘Neither does he sell himself short on the talent front.’
- ‘Putting that understanding into words would only sell it short.’
- ‘The description sells Douglas a little short.’
- ‘I think a lot of them sell themselves short.’
- ‘I wasn't keen on the title because I felt it sold the band short.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.