Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The sale of goods to retail traders prior to public retailing.
- ‘With this new strategy, the company hopes to goose its sell-in penetration to around 50%, Seserman says.’
- ‘Without strong sell-in numbers, digital will never reach the 50% or more level cable marketing gurus dream about.’
- ‘To help them sell into businesses and institutions, milk processors were scheduled to receive the plant and factory test results, along with a sales video, sell-in sheet and CD-ROM last month.’
- ‘Even more importantly, new connect sell-in of digital is reaching 40% inside AT&T, insuring digital growth should continue.’
- ‘In fact, helped by the 18300 sell-in, Lexus actually sold more total cars and trucks in July 2000 than any of its competitors.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.