One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that is concerned more with the needs and wishes of others than with one's own.‘a woman who worked selflessly to help her community’‘a leader selflessly devoted to democratic ideals’
- ‘The security of marriage allows you to experience the joy of selflessly satisfying your partner's needs above your own.’
- ‘Despite the disgrace, he is selflessly happy that peace has come.’
- ‘What you give selflessly comes back to you.’
- ‘Faced with the emergency, people reacted efficiently and selflessly.’
- ‘The upcoming competition will give them a chance to selflessly win a prize for their community.’
- ‘We are blessed to honour those who selflessly serve to safeguard our way of life.’
- ‘He was a wonderful friend and a selflessly obedient servant.’
- ‘He washes the wounds of the ailing lepers and selflessly serves them.’
- ‘Whether you're rafting a river or hiking atop a glorious mountain, we know you'll enjoy the beauty that nature so selflessly offers us.’
- ‘They selflessly pledged themselves to undertake great sacrifices for the cause of their country.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.