Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The quality or condition of being selfish.‘an act of pure selfishness’
egocentrism, egotism, egomania, introversion, self-seeking, self-serving, self-obsession, self-absorption, self-regard, self-interest, self-lovelack of consideration, inconsiderateness, thoughtlessness, unthinkingness, heedlessness, regardlessness, insensitivity, insensitiveness, tactlessness, uncharitableness, unkindnessmeanness, miserliness, greed, acquisitiveness, opportunismlooking after number oneView synonyms
- ‘It is based upon greed and selfishness and the only god is profit, regardless.’
- ‘His examples from the past reveal that greed, hubris and selfishness often impeded recognition of a problem until it was too late.’
- ‘I thought being human was all about goodness and sharing, not about greed and selfishness.’
- ‘In an era dominated by greed and selfishness, they acted with phenomenal selflessness.’
- ‘As a manifestation of petty selfishness and greed such meanness is hard to credit.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.