Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The quality or condition of being selfish.‘an act of pure selfishness’
egocentrism, egotism, egomania, introversion, self-seeking, self-serving, self-obsession, self-absorption, self-regard, self-interest, self-loveView synonyms
- ‘As a manifestation of petty selfishness and greed such meanness is hard to credit.’
- ‘His examples from the past reveal that greed, hubris and selfishness often impeded recognition of a problem until it was too late.’
- ‘In an era dominated by greed and selfishness, they acted with phenomenal selflessness.’
- ‘I thought being human was all about goodness and sharing, not about greed and selfishness.’
- ‘It is based upon greed and selfishness and the only god is profit, regardless.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.