One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mechanism in a camera that introduces a delay between the operation of the shutter release and the opening of the shutter, so that the photographer can be included in the photograph.
- ‘Photo settings such as zoom, color tone, self-timer and a high lux flash turn snapping pictures into an art.’
- ‘Still images are a bit fuzzy, but a macro mode and self-timer are welcome features.’
- ‘When you rest it on its base to use the self-timer so you can get into the picture, the camera leans to offset the unusual angle.’
- ‘Premium features include a pop-up LCD screen for more precise previews, exposure control, a self-timer and professional-quality wide-format film.’
- ‘If you don't have a tripod, place your camera on a stable object, like a wall or a table, and use the self-timer to take the picture.’
- ‘Another variation is the detachable camera with a self-timer and zoom feature.’
- ‘Place the camera on the tripod, touch the shutter (use the self-timer if it has one), stand by and smile until the shutter clicks.’
- ‘It is recommended to use the self-timer for close-up images to eliminate camera vibration during exposure.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.