One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a screw) able to cut a thread in the material into which it is inserted.
- ‘Over wood framing you can fasten the siding using hand- or air-driven galvanized nails or wood screws, or use self-tapping screws for installation over metal studs.’
- ‘Attach rim joists to the outside of the beveled posts with two four-inch, self-tapping screws per joint.’
- ‘For lighter gauge sheet metal, there are also self-tapping screws available that don't require pre-drilling.’
- ‘It yields functional prototypes that can be assembled using self-tapping screws without cracking.’
- ‘Whether rivets, retaining rods, or self-tapping screws are used, you can be assured of a fastener that was designed to offer ornamental fencing with the durability and security you desire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.