One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘With all the first-rate self-tanning products available, it's easy to fake it if you haven't had the chance to lie out in the sun safely slathered in high-factor sunscreen.’
- ‘It wasn't really until the 1950s that the first self-tanning products came on the market, when the craze to have a tan began to become fashionable.’
- ‘Try self-tanning creams or lotions if you want to darken your skin tone without causing the damage caused by UV light.’
- ‘A lot of the manufacturers have decided to combine aftersun care to stop you peeling and burning with a self-tanning ingredient to help the colour along.’
- ‘Leading up to the competition, I'll use self-tanning lotions and go to the spray-tanning booths.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.