One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality or condition of being self-sufficient.‘a means of developing economic self-sufficiency’
independence, self-reliance, self-support, self-sustenance, self-standingView synonyms
- ‘Suffering insults us by calling into question our self-sufficiency and integrity as individuals.’
- ‘This approach rejects the autonomy and self-sufficiency of neoclassical economics.’
- ‘Individuals must take advantage of all other means of self-sufficiency and view social assistance as an absolute last resort.’
- ‘The rules of self-sufficiency were changed yet again as oxygen was pumped in to prevent brain damage.’
- ‘What politics did was to deprive the citizen of his self-sufficiency and his freedom to choose and to act.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.