Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A system whereby individuals rent containers or units of space within a large warehouse to store possessions.
- ‘He and his son, Tracy, wanted to go into the self-storage business.’
- ‘This project by Maverick Real Estate Corporation will be a 20-storey condominium tower on the site of a self-storage facility - not a great loss to the avenue.’
- ‘According to the UK Self Storage Association, the self-storage sector is worth about 200 million to the UK economy.’
- ‘The company delivers self-storage units to a customer's location.’
- ‘Police have seized half a ton of ammonium nitrate fertiliser, in a self-storage warehouse near Heathrow Airport.’
- ‘Demme yields shocking imagery from seemingly innocuous props like night-vision goggles and a self-storage container.’
- ‘The facility is aimed at people with storage needs in the commercial, document and residential self-storage market.’
- ‘I'd need to get a self-storage locker if I accepted unsolicited books (sound familiar?)’
- ‘We have recovered more than half a tonne of ammonium nitrate fertiliser from a self-storage facility in Boston Road, Hanwell, West London.’
- ‘He will tell you, in fact, that he wound up building self-storage units for those same reasons.’
- ‘I kept asking them if they wanted to look into another type of business, but they said no, they'd stick with self-storage.’
- ‘I kept this up all the way to my self-storage unit, some five or six miles off.’
- ‘Presumably it's great if your own shares in self-storage or industrial units, or you have property as a liquid asset.’
- ‘The self-storage industry is bigger than the motion - picture industry.’
- ‘Safestore, which currently has 70 storage facilities in the UK, says self-storage is now a major factor in the UK housing market.’
- ‘Pods delivers self-storage units to a customer's location.’
- ‘Somewhere in your garage, attic, basement, shed or rented self-storage space, treasures abound.’
- ‘Instead, figuring that there would be plenty of competition, Jernigan founded a self-storage company.’
- ‘One of the city's most prolific developers of self-storage and retail complexes continues to branch out.’
- ‘Then she heard about a couple who, after losing their rental home, moved into a Southold self-storage facility along with their furniture.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.