One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Many pear cultivars exhibit self-sterility to one degree or another.’
- ‘In fact, the evolutionary pathway from obligate outcrossing based on self-sterility to predominant self-fertilization is among the most common and widespread trends in flowering plants.’
- ‘This is because the genetic load required for complete self-sterility based on inbreeding depression is so unusually high that it is rarely, if ever, reached by any species.’
- ‘This was accomplished by isolating single-conidium cultures from each progeny and testing for self-sterility and for mating type.’
- ‘Due to self-sterility, insect visitation is essential for full fruit set.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.