One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Excessive satisfaction with oneself or one's achievements; smug complacency.‘a look of self-satisfaction’
complacency, self-congratulation, smugness, superiority, self-approval, self-approbationView synonyms
- ‘Self-interest and self-satisfaction are replaced with self-reflection and significant improvement.’
- ‘It is good to share with somebody, but the problem is that this desire often comes from self-satisfaction and ego-centered attachment which would never fill our heart.’
- ‘You are all permitted a moment of pride and self-satisfaction.’
- ‘It was not intended as a path to complacency or self-satisfaction, but to questions and action.’
- ‘Appalled by smugness and self-satisfaction, he simply could not bear to see an Irish institution go unchallenged.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.