Revealing one's character or motives, especially inadvertently.‘his most intimate and self-revealing book’
- ‘For the historian, it is hard to assess the ‘beliefs’ of moderately ordinary people who did not leave behind self-revealing personal papers.’
- ‘She was very shy, so though she did write and was known as a very serious critic and journalist, when it came to writing novels which were more self-revealing, she chose to use a pseudonym, a man's name.’
- ‘It is known as the dialogue between the Head and the Heart and is perhaps the most self-revealing letter that Jefferson ever wrote.’
- ‘It represents the most personal and self-revealing name of God.’
- ‘The letters, pictures and illustrations are documents that are self-revealing and transparent.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.