One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fact of something such as an organization regulating itself without intervention from external bodies.‘the pros and cons of industry self-regulation versus government legislation’‘self-regulation of the press’
- ‘They succeeded in promoting the oil industry's preference for self-regulation.’
- ‘He is the lone voice within the media opposed to self-regulation.’
- ‘The diamond industry in producer countries is expected to introduce a system of self-regulation to support government efforts.’
- ‘Several of the larger online recruiters are attempting to distance themselves from cowboy operators by introducing self-regulation.’
- ‘The contemporary credit system has demonstrated zero capacity for self-regulation or adjustment.’
- ‘In the absence of any meaningful legislation, privacy advocates say self-regulation has been a failure.’
- ‘Independent groups are trying to head off lawmakers via self-regulation.’
- ‘He was impressed at the measures the advertising industry had taken toward self-regulation.’
- ‘He called on the industry to support enhanced local self-regulation, rather than pan-European rules.’
- ‘Nobody's suggesting car mechanics should be allowed to shield themselves, via self-regulation, from competition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.