One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Praise of oneself; boasting.
- ‘Apart from more self-praise, we praise others more often today.’
- ‘In both of these recent trials, the authorities came away with a guilty verdict - and self-praise that ‘a message has been sent’ - while avoiding the central issue.’
- ‘Other writers are very big on self-praise and vanity.’
- ‘When we received the paperwork to nominate ourselves we didn't bother, thinking that self-praise was no praise but boy, were we wrong!’
- ‘She carried on a monologue of self-praise and justification.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.