One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The pollination of a flower by pollen from the same flower or from another flower on the same plant.
- ‘Geitonogamy can be due to self-pollination between flowers on the same branch, different flowering branches of the same plant, or different ramets of the same clonal genet.’
- ‘As for calculation of the selfing rate, self-pollination was with pollen from other flowers of the same plant.’
- ‘This result is contrary to our hypothesis that the pollination-dependent detrimental fitness effects of clipping were caused by increased self-pollination in damaged plants.’
- ‘Emasculated plants produced 1.3 times the number of seeds produced by plants experiencing natural self-pollination.’
- ‘Treatment B was conducted to examine autonomous self-pollination by enclosing intact flowers, before anthesis, in small plastic bags.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.