One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Movement produced by oneself or itself; voluntary or spontaneous motion.
- ‘Vection illusion is the sensation of self-motion induced by relative movement of viewed objects.’
- ‘Immediately after the cessation of motion stimulation, the observer reports self-motion in the same direction as the previous section.’
- ‘Third, although space and time are infinite, matter is spatio-temporally finite, and being endowed only with vis inertiae it has no power of self-motion.’
- ‘Everyone is familiar with the impression of self-motion experienced when watching a moving train through the windows of a stationary train.’
- ‘Sometimes what is essential to the soul appears to be its power of thinking and reasoning; sometimes it is the power of self-motion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.