One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Thus, the higher risk of relapse in depressed patients may reflect not only the self-medication of their depressive symptoms but also this enhanced euphoria.’
- ‘In conclusion, the hypothesized use of substances of abuse for self-medication of schizophrenic symptoms and medication side effects is not supported by our data.’
- ‘These findings suggested that substance misuse probably played a significant role in the aetiology and self-medication of anxiety disorders and some cases of depression or psychosis.’
- ‘Nurses working in psychiatric areas may consider self-medication more acceptable because they work in a culture that accepts using psychotropic medications to cope with life.’
- ‘Perioperative nurses must be knowledgeable about the risk associated with self-medication with herbal remedies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.