One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Denoting an asset that earns back its original cost out of income over a fixed period.
- ‘When the consumer pays something, this is known as a self-liquidating premium because the price asked of the consumer is set to cover the cost of the premium to the brand.’
- 1.1 Denoting a loan used to finance a project that will bring a sufficient return to pay back the loan and its interest and leave a profit.
- ‘There is a benign form that springs up naturally in a free-market to extend short-term, self-liquidating credit.’
- ‘In other words, he wanted government deficits to be temporary, moderate, and self-liquidating.’
- 1.2 Denoting a sales promotion offer that pays for itself by generating increased sales.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.