One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Those characters who don't discipline their feelings, who don't understand what proper feeling is, or who behave self-indulgently are mocked and even despised.’
- ‘Sporting fewer trite poeticisms, the content of these songs comes across as less self-indulgently brooding - even occasionally bordering on optimistic.’
- ‘My fellow cellphone addict friends and I would call one another all day long to self-indulgently provide an ongoing commentary on our pathetic lives.’
- ‘Her account is quirky and haphazard - and she rambles self-indulgently.’
- ‘It is as if one road had closed down, and the disappointed person self-indulgently refuses to allow another road to open up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.