One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Existing independently of other beings or causes.
- ‘Discrimination of meaning comes when one imagines that words rise depending upon whatever subjects they express, and which subjects are regarded as self-existent.’
- ‘Many scientists do believe that the universe is self-existent - that God is not necessary - and that life is the result of chance occurrences.’
- ‘It means ‘I am who I am’ and thus ‘the self-existent One’.’
- ‘In the Buddhist tradition, I suppose you could call this experiential knowledge of his own ‘emptiness’ or his non self-existent nature.’
- ‘Christians, in contrast, believe that nothing can be self-existent other than God Himself.’
- ‘He is identified with the self-existent Supreme.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.