One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Last week there was outrage over an academic's self-evidently preposterous argument about English teachers and the re-election of the Howard government.’
- ‘I am just self-evidently not a threat to anyone.’
- ‘The hallmark of popular morality is its hostility to critical analysis because it makes certain propositions appear to be self-evidently true or in accord with the nature of things.’
- ‘He expressed his ‘annoyance’ at the outcome, but is self-evidently proud of the way his players have reacted to adversity, once again not of their own making.’
- ‘Where to draw the line, of course, is self-evidently difficult.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.