Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The process of acquiring insight into one's own character.
- ‘The result is a sublime and surreal saga of self-discovery and personal growth, of existential doubt and doubtful existences.’
- ‘The book is the result of his voyages of self-discovery.’
- ‘The journey becomes a voyage of self-discovery.’
- ‘The process of self-discovery was involved for both of these women.’
- ‘These last poems provide instances of self-reflection and self-discovery.’
- ‘The docks represent your point of embarkation on this voyage of self-discovery.’
- ‘Both weave seemingly different storylines and characters into a final tapestry of emotion and self-discovery.’
- ‘It's a metaphor for self-discovery if ever I've seen one.’
- ‘Race and locale are less important than the fact that the young characters are in the process of self-discovery.’
- ‘Through self-reliance and self-discipline, the child is inspired to embark on a voyage of self-discovery.’
- ‘We take a voyage of self-discovery, and realise at the end of the journey, that we are humans with sentiments we cannot control.’
- ‘The second uses a historical event as a departure point for a test of oneself on a voyage of self-discovery.’
- ‘Amid the ever-changing scenery, the two men undergo their journeys of self-discovery, confronted by inequality and deprivation.’
- ‘It is therefore an act of self-transformation, in a continuous process of evolution and self-discovery.’
- ‘It is part of the process of self-discovery, of the very complicated moral problems Germany has with itself.’
- ‘It is a journey, a process of self-discovery and usually a solitary one.’
- ‘However, on one fortunate day, Oscar gets the opportunity to play in the theatre, leading him on a path of self-discovery.’
- ‘These workshops utilize movement as a path to self-discovery and growth.’
- ‘It is the moving story of a courtesan and her voyage of self-discovery with the religious city of Kasi as the background.’
- ‘Finally, by facilitating self-discovery and personal growth, autobiography has therapeutic power.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.