One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Modesty about or criticism of oneself.
- ‘In an industry famed for its confidence and self-belief, there's no room for coyness or self-depreciation.’
- ‘He admitted he had accidentally inserted the wrong definition into the policy document - then tossed in a bit of self-depreciation.’
- ‘In addition, the generally lower scores for institutionalized delinquents point to a significant level of self-depreciation among those individuals.’
- ‘He is full of canny self-depreciation and self-belief and it has undoubtedly rubbed off on his players.’
- ‘Could self-depreciation also be a human right?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.