One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Reliance on one's own strengths rather than on others; independence.
- ‘What Hegel does is attempt to understand the state as the realization of human freedom as radical self-dependence.’
- ‘However, is it really fair to say that a degree is necessary for an acceptable level of self-dependence?’
- ‘He stressed that self-employment and self-dependence empower women.’
- ‘It is also at least arguable that social welfare demands upon public revenue would be less because more affordable access to land would be likely to generate employment and increase self-dependence.’
- ‘I believe that self-dependence is very important for all people in this country, to make sure we do not live on money borrowed from somebody else to pay for tax cuts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.