One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Reliance on one's own strengths rather than on others; independence.
- ‘What Hegel does is attempt to understand the state as the realization of human freedom as radical self-dependence.’
- ‘I believe that self-dependence is very important for all people in this country, to make sure we do not live on money borrowed from somebody else to pay for tax cuts.’
- ‘It is also at least arguable that social welfare demands upon public revenue would be less because more affordable access to land would be likely to generate employment and increase self-dependence.’
- ‘He stressed that self-employment and self-dependence empower women.’
- ‘However, is it really fair to say that a degree is necessary for an acceptable level of self-dependence?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.