One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Trusting in one's abilities, qualities, and judgment.
self-assured, confident, believing in oneself, positive, assertive, assured, authoritative, commanding, self-reliant, self-possessed, composed, poisedView synonyms
- ‘He is a teenager at ease, relaxed and self-confident, never too excited.’
- ‘You become brave, you become calm, you become self-confident and your mind is clear.’
- ‘In a tolerant, mature, self-confident country it was not necessary to put your hand on your heart to say you loved it, or even to refer to it with possessive adjectives.’
- ‘As we get older, most of us become wiser and more self-confident.’
- ‘It has also been suggested that consumers who complain tend to be more self-confident and assertive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.