One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Confident in one's own abilities or character.‘a self-assured 16-year-old’
self-confident, confident, believing in oneself, positive, assertive, assured, authoritative, commanding, self-reliant, self-possessed, composed, poisedView synonyms
- ‘My philosophy is to create a nurturing environment where all students feel confident and self-assured.’
- ‘The competition was just incredibly tough, as one after another we met 25 confident and self-assured young women.’
- ‘Al was calm and self-assured, and Sam could see that confidence rubbing off on Beckett.’
- ‘Peggy had a self-assured ease that others likewise found attractive.’
- ‘She's beautiful and confident and self-assured, and when can I start voting for her already?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.