(of a bearing or machine part) capable of aligning itself automatically.
- ‘Once imprinted, the entire process is self-aligning and self-assembling.’
- ‘If the lens shape is concentric, or has weak cupping angles, it will be more costly to center since the self-aligning advantage of bell-clamping is reduced.’
- ‘A multi-chip stack structure and method of fabrication are provided utilizing self-aligning electrical contact arrays.’
- ‘So named because of its shape, it has a swivel head that makes the clamp self-aligning for odd-shaped pieces.’
- ‘Patented brazing techniques were combined with self-aligning parts to provide a completely sealed device.’
- ‘Antennas that are self-aligning, self-erecting, and difficult to detect facilitate the ability of the warfighter to execute his mission.’
- ‘The forms are self-aligning, with no need for time-consuming locking and latching.’
- ‘The Revolution's structural components have been designed with self-aligning joints that reduce the need for jigs.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.