One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The admiration of oneself; pride.
- ‘Fortunately, I have enough money and self-admiration to be far removed from the harsh stares of the other diners.’
- ‘His eyes widened not with self-admiration but with horror.’
- ‘It is important to recognize our own weaknesses and not to be caught up in self-admiration.’
- ‘She fingered her soft brown locks in proud self-admiration.’
- ‘While lagging behind on covetousness and lust, we beat all comers in the sheer weight of our self-admiration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.