One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Operating or occurring automatically.‘a self-activating spoiler which pops up at 60 mph’‘the process is self-activating’
mechanized, mechanical, automated, push-button, preprogrammed, computerized, electronic, robotic, unmannedView synonyms
- ‘It features unique self-activating automatic brakes that ensure better control.’
- ‘One of the three genes turned out to be self-activating and was removed from the positive list.’
- ‘He left in 1817 after a pay dispute and in the same year installed gas at the Royal Mint, with Frederick Accum, incorporating a self-activating wet meter of his own design.’
- ‘Two of the lifebuoys should be provided with self-activating smoke signals.’
- ‘The self-activating enzyme technology in starts removing odors after moisture comes into contact with the carpet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.