One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Behavior which causes damage or harm to oneself.
- ‘The fun is all in the self-absorbed self-abuse, the modern rules of attraction and dating, and a complete over-the-top obsession with music.’
- ‘As for anything in a multiplex, forget it, unless you're into aural self-abuse.’
- ‘How can we be sure it is not a symbol of self-abuse?’
- ‘Constipation and self-abuse decreased while mood improved.’
- ‘Today, back to the self-abuse I call ‘two-a-days’ at the gym.’
- 1.1euphemistic Used euphemistically to refer to masturbation.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.