One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The assessment of specific earthquake hazards has involved seismologists, geologists, and earthquake engineers.’
- ‘The Richter scale was developed by seismologist Charles Richter in the 1930s to bring consistent, objective criteria to evaluating the size of earthquakes.’
- ‘These observations are consistent with what seismologists are learning about how the earthquake progressed, Haeussler said.’
- ‘With more earthquakes, more and better seismographs recording quakes, and more comprehensive compilations of seismic data, seismologists are sharpening their view of the African plume.’
- ‘Schwartz co-chaired a team of geologists, seismologists, and geophysicists that released a 2002 report concluding the Bay Area is due for a magnitude 6.7 or greater quake in about 30 years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.