One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Using forward simulation, one can match seismic simulation results with observed seismographic data.’
- ‘We'll also be installing additional seismographic recorders that are going to allow us to capture some of the vital, time-sensitive information about the aftershock process that is now under way.’
- ‘The monitoring of seismic activity in Texas and studies of seismic risk are hampered by the small number of seismographic stations operating in the state.’
- ‘The most powerful method - seismology - is only possible for planets with seismographic stations, which have so far only been placed on the Earth and Moon.’
- ‘Many amateurs acquire skills as lapidiaries, cutting, polishing and investigating specimens of all kinds, as photographers of landscape and geological phenomena, and even as builders of simple seismographic stations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.