One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Many amateurs acquire skills as lapidiaries, cutting, polishing and investigating specimens of all kinds, as photographers of landscape and geological phenomena, and even as builders of simple seismographic stations.’
- ‘We'll also be installing additional seismographic recorders that are going to allow us to capture some of the vital, time-sensitive information about the aftershock process that is now under way.’
- ‘The most powerful method - seismology - is only possible for planets with seismographic stations, which have so far only been placed on the Earth and Moon.’
- ‘The monitoring of seismic activity in Texas and studies of seismic risk are hampered by the small number of seismographic stations operating in the state.’
- ‘Using forward simulation, one can match seismic simulation results with observed seismographic data.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.