One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An elastic wave in the earth produced by an earthquake or other means.
- ‘For three years, the seismometers recorded how seismic waves from hundreds of earthquakes worldwide bounced through the mantle.’
- ‘Just as seismic waves travel through Earth, infrasonic waves travel through the air.’
- ‘If it does not, fault initiation may depend on additional transient stresses associated with seismic waves from local earthquakes that cause the stress state to rise above the initial failure envelope.’
- ‘In seismic reflection surveying, seismic waves are propagated through the subsurface and the travel times are measured of those waves that return to the surface after reflection at geological surfaces.’
- ‘Earthquakes set off seismic waves in the earth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.