Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A two-wheeled motorized personal vehicle consisting of a platform for the feet mounted above an axle and an upright post surmounted by handles.
- ‘Despite the fact that the expensive Segway will make fat Americans even fatter, Segway claims that using a Segway is good for your health, and your wealth.’
- ‘He came to the ceremony from his home a couple of blocks away on a Segway, one of those motorized two-wheeled scooters.’
- ‘I saw the guy who checks the water meters riding a Segway down our street today.’
- ‘My friend Alistair rented a Segway over the weekend.’
- ‘However, if you show up on a Segway or in an electric car, the first appetizer is free.’
An invented word based on segue.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.