One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is attempting to find or obtain something.‘a tenacious seeker of the truth’‘a tireless seeker of justice’‘he's a shameless publicity seeker’
- ‘He is by nature a conciliator and seeker of consensus.’
- ‘He is rendering free service to the seekers of knowledge.’
- ‘This is their latest incarnation for seekers of advice on e-business.’
- ‘Supplement seekers will be disappointed with the sparse choices here.’
- ‘He tells his son, "We are seekers of holy places."’
- ‘He found a city bristling with the tents of fortune seekers on their way to the gold diggings.’
- ‘His incantations took the spoken form of the seeker, revealing with instantaneous reaches forward the voices in him.’
- ‘On that February night, about 2,700 curiosity seekers went there to witness the start of an experiment.’
- ‘Mutants are treated like asylum seekers in this movie.’
- ‘I am a seeker of adventure through the undiscovered country of my subconscious.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.